Between the irritability, tears, loss of sleep and crankiness, teething is not a fun endeavor. (And that’s just the parents!) We’ve compiled a list to help you and your little one survive the process.
- Pressure: When your baby’s teeth are pushing their way in, push right back! Gentle counter-pressure can alleviate some of the pain caused from teething.
- Hard Foods: Letting your baby chew on hard foods like cucumbers or large carrots can alleviate soreness.
- Massage: Massaging your baby’s gums either with a gum massaging teether, hard foods or even just your finger can soothe achy gums.
- Keep Cool: Refrigerate (not freeze!) a washcloth, spoon, or teething ring before giving it to your baby. The cold will bring some relief to your baby’s gums.
We have a remedy that easily combines all four of these steps: CHUBBY GUMMY™ popsicles.
What you will need:
1 cup yogurt
½ large ripe banana
4 oz strawberries, hulled
1/8 cup oatmeal
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 pinch of kosher salt
Small glasses (this recipe can fill about 8)
CHUBBY GUMMY™ teethers
What to do:
1. Combine all ingredients in a blender & puree until smooth.
2. Pour your mixture into the small glasses
3. Insert teethers upside down into the glasses
4. Freeze until solid (about 4 to 6 hours)
To get the popsicles out of the glasses once they are frozen, set them in warm water for about 30 seconds to loosen them up.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.