Teething phases can cause irritability, tears, loss of sleep and crankiness. (And that’s just the parents!) We know that to get through it, you'll need every trick in the book! That's why we have a few pointers that are sure to relieve baby's achy gums and bring peace back to your house (along with a teether hack and recipe that's easy as pie!)
Pressure: When your baby’s teeth are pushing their way in, push back! Gentle counter-pressure can alleviate some of the pain caused from teething.
Hard Foods: Letting your baby chew on hard foods like cucumbers or large carrots can alleviate soreness.
Massage: Massaging baby’s gums either with a gum massaging teether like CHUBBY GUMMY, hard foods or even just your finger can soothe achy gums.
Keep Cool: Refrigerate (not freeze!) a washcloth, spoon, or teething ring before giving it to your baby. The cold will bring some relief to your baby’s gums.
We have a remedy that easily combines all four of these steps: CHUBBY GUMMY
What you'll need:
- 5 oz sweet corn (canned or fresh both work!)
- 12 oz canned coconut milk
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 dropper full of stevia or sweeten to taste with agave or simple syrup
- Small glasses (HACK: shot glasses are the perfect size to balance CHUBBY GUMMY's anti-choke shield on for these pops!)
CHUBBY GUMMY teethers
What to do:
- Combine all ingredients in a blender & blend until smooth
- Pour your mixture into the small glasses
- Insert teethers upside down into the glasses
- Freeze until solid (about 4 to 6 hours, or overnight)
To easily slide your popsicles out of the glasses once they are frozen, set them in warm water for about 30 seconds to loosen!
We LOVE making these popsicles because they are easy, effective, and let's be honest, we'll be trying them too and they're delicious. Here are even more recipes that you can freeze onto your CHUBBY teethers!
Let us know which recipe you tried and how your little one likes it!