Last Minute Christmas Favor | Home Made Granola!
Are you on the tail end of your Christmas shopping list and realizing that stores have already moved on? We were starting to think we'd have to give the neighbors Valentine's candy 😳
Luckily, we had a moment of clarity before tossing those pink wrapped chocolates in our cart... home made treats! And for those neighbors and family who are watching their waist-line, this treat will be much appreciated.
Home made granola is delicious, the perfect size for a small gift or stocking stuffer, and most importantly EASY. It just takes a few ingredients you probably already have in your pantry and about an hour of your time.
Let's get baking!
What you'll need:
- 4 cups rolled oats (we used a bag of mixed grains we had on hand from Sprouts with oats, brown rice crisps, and even more tasty bits)
- 2 cups chopped almonds (optional)
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- a pinch of salt
- 1 cup golden raisins (hear us out...)
What to do:
- Preheat your oven to 350° F (175° C) and get a lightly greased baking sheet ready.
- Mix oats and almonds in a large bowl if you're including these.
- In a saucepan, combine honey, cinnamon, and salt and bring to a boil. Then, take this mixture and pour it over the oats. Toss to coat!
- Spread your mixture onto the lightly greased baking sheet and bake, stirring every 5 minutes or so until granola is browned (ours took about 30 minutes)
- Fold in the raisins and bake again for a few more minutes.
- Once cooled, crumble your granola up and throw into a cute jar for gifting!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.