Mother’s Day is coming FAST this year! How many of you have thought about a gift yet? If you haven't come up with the perfect gift, you are in luck! We found this quick, thoughtful, and EASY do-it-yourself craft that the mom in your life will love. This photo box combines functionality (it only takes up a little space to display 6 pictures!) with fun (choose any photos you’d like of fun memories with your mom). You can also use the methods we are about to show you to create a DIY wooden jewelry box, display case, frame or even coasters! Let’s get started.
First, gather all of your supplies:
Once you’ve got all of your supplies together, it’s time to get crafting!
1. Cover all sides of the cube with your choice of paint color. We chose PINK! No need to worry about having your cube perfectly painted... This step is to make sure that if any wood shows on the edges, you'll have a nice background.
2. Print out your photos so that they are the same size as the sides of your cube. We chose to print out some of our favorite photos that you all tagged us in! We love seeing you and your little ones using our products to make life a little easier.
3. Coat each image with a thick layer of Mod Podge photo transfer medium. Make it thick enough so you can’t see the photo through it!
4. Once your photos are thickly coated, lay them face down on your block and make sure it’s smooth – you can use your fingers or a credit card to do this. Cover all sides of the cube with your photos and let it dry overnight.
5. Once all of the photos are dry, use a wet washcloth to dampen all sides of the cube, then rub back and forth with your fingers to remove the paper until all that’s left is the image. Try to remove as much paper as possible to leave you with a smooth surface.
6. Let your cube sit until the images have dried out again. Then, coat your photo cube in matte Mod Podge to give it a finished look. This layer will help smooth out any bumps left by hard-to-remove paper. Once this layer is dry, you’re ready to gift your photo box!
We had so much fun working on this mother’s day craft and we hope you do too! We’d love to see your own photo box – tag @zolidays on Instagram or share on our Facebook page here: facebook.com/zolibaby
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Let's Keep in Touch!
be the first to hear about ZoLi deals, news, giveaways, and fun at ZoLi HQ!